Friday, March 04, 2011

How Long, Sovereign Lord?

The only Christian minister in the Pakistani government, Shahbaz Bhatti, was killed this week by Islamic radicals. He had worked tirelessly for the rights of many minorities in Pakistan and was aware that such actions would cost him his life.

He said in a recent interview:

"I have not married because I know that I will be killed, and I am willing to be a martyr for Christ. I would even find it to be a big honor to be killed for my faith in Jesus Christ. I'm ready to give my blood for that."

Watch the following for further insight into his faith in the face of death.



"When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed." (Revelation 6:9-11)

No comments: