Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Skeeter and the Mystery of the Lost Mosquito Treasure


Another delightful entry in Max Lucado's series Hermie and Friends! I had the chance for a little father and son time, as my two boys and I sat down to view "Skeeter and the Mystery of the Lost Mosquito Treasure" and all three of us were soon caught up in the story of wrong-way Skeeter, he of the crooked stinger and his "perfect" brother, one Sinclair M. Skeeto. The Indiana Jones type storyline involves a mysterious treasure map left to Skeeter and his brother by their father. With the proper blend of humor and humility by tales' end both Skeeter and his brother learn some important lessons about themselves and each other.

As with all the videos in the series, a key biblical text under-girds the stories and this one relies upon the words of Psalm 139:13-14, "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well"

We give this DVD 5 Stars for great content, cutting-edge animation, gentle humor and all-around-fun.

    No comments: