Thursday, February 01, 2007

Random Quotes on Random Themes

In cleaning my office today I came upon an old notebook I had kept a few years ago for quotes I found touched my spirit. Here are a few...

"Certainly God had some further design in giving me life and preserving it with continual miracles, within and without, than that I should eat, drink and die."
(Rev. Thomas Adams)

"We will not have God. So, having rejected God, we can use our minds only to rearrange error." (James M. Boice)

"Instead of 'arising from the ashes' of sin, too many of God's people instead elect to make their home in the 'ashtray.'" (Zeke Moore)

"Let me be a man of one book." (John Wesley)

"I sin against the Lord by laboring more than I pray." (Andrew Bonar)

"A decision for Christ is not nearly so crucial as a life for Christ!" (John Piper)

"If God had granted all the silly prayers I've made in my life, where should I be now?" (C.S. Lewis)

"The success of the Gospel should never be in question. The only question is whether our generation will participate in the conquest or wander in the wilderness." (Rev. G. Brent Bradley)

"Drive [The Holy Spirit] not to a distance, by tampering with small bad habits and little sins." (JC Ryle)

"All decays begin in the [prayer] closet; no heart thrives without much secret converse with God; and nothing will make amends for the want of it." (John Berridge)

    No comments: