Friday, November 03, 2006

WARREN UNVEILS THE R.I.C.K. PLAN ON HUMILITY

From the SACRED SANDWICH:

NOVEMBER 2006
--- Pastor Rick Warren, well-known for creating memorable acrostics to convey his groundbreaking church initiatives like PEACE, SHAPE, and CHURCH, has unveiled his latest teaching on Christian humility called the RICK plan. Says Warren, “As Christians who have received greater spiritual insight than other religions, we can easily fall into the trap of acting superior. But Jesus said we need to humbly serve others without concern for our preeminence or recognition in the world, and that’s what my new RICK plan is all about.”

RICK stands for: Remember others first; Imitate Christ; Create opportunities for service; and Keep your ego in check.

Warren believes his new strategy is essential for the success of the Church and plans to implement it throughout his Purpose Driven network until RICK covers the globe. “I’ve come to realize how important humility is, and I want other Christians to understand it, too,” Warren explained. “In fact, just the other day I was talking to Bono about my recent visit with President Bush when all of a sudden Rupert Murdoch and Bill Gates called me up to ask for pastoral advice. This is the kind of humbling servant experience that I hope to convey to others.”

When asked about critics who charge that his new global humility plan is just a veiled marketing campaign to force his personal agenda on the Church, Warren responded, “Hey, the RICK plan isn’t about me.”

No comments: