Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Somebody Knows Your Name

In today's mail:

"Dear Rev. Nichols,

The Heritage Registry of Who's Who is recognizing you for possible inclusion in the upcoming 2006-07 edition. Your invitation is a result of the success your organization has attained in the field of Religion..."

My parents spent about $75.00 when I was a high school senior to purchase Who's Who Among American High School Students. And there it was all two lines of text along with a few thousand other students whose gullible parents shelled out their hard-earned cash for fleeting fame or truth be told for petty pride.

While I certainly feel honored that Who's Who wants my money again...I will pass. I am more concerned that my name find inclusion in this book.

"He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels." (Revelation 3:5)

I'd rather be found in Whose His than Who's Who any day. Here's praying you do too.

No comments: