Thursday, September 08, 2005

President Bush Calls For National Day of Prayer and Remembrance

"I've declared Friday, Sept. 16, a national day of prayer and remembrance," Bush said in a televised afternoon address. "I ask that we pray as Americans have always prayed in times of trial, with hope for a better future and with the humility to ask God to keep us strong so we can better serve our brothers and sisters in need."

Let us join with our brothers and sisters in bringing our sins, our needs and our fellow citizens before the throne of grace.

For God promises: "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14)

No comments: