Thursday, April 21, 2005

A Wonderful Reminder For Preachers


The Legacy by Ron DiCianni Posted by Hello

This is one of my all time favorite pieces of art. I have it in my office at home. It is a powerful reminder to me, as a preacher, that I don't labor in my own strength and in my own wisdom. Rather, I stand in a long line of godly men who have received God's call to speak His truth in an age that prefers lies.

There have been many Sunday mornings when I have felt inadequate for the job, but have known the touch of the Savior's hand encouraging me to press on.

I offer this as a visual encouragement to the faithful men who week after week mount the pulpit and hold forth the Gospel of Life.

We are heirs of a godly legacy and we must answer the call until the next generation comes to take our place and we join the great cloud of witnesses awaiting that glorious day of our Lord's return.

Maranatha!

Until then - Preach On!


No comments: